This year, Day of Caring will take up an entire week of community service and volunteer activities! Whether you’re interested in rolling up your sleeves in-person or participating virtually, we have an opportunity for you.
Women and Family Life (Guilford) - October 11, 9:30am-12:00pm
- Help Women and Family Life restore their outdoor space by repairing benches, garden beds, and other spaces.
Dr. Reginald Mayo Early Childhood School (New Haven) - October 12, 10am-2pm
- Roll up your sleeves and help Mayo School create a new outdoor area for their students!
Boys and Girls Club (North Haven) - October 13 & October 14, 10:30am-1:30pm
- Assist Boys and Girls Club of North Haven in their effort to launch three new locations by participating in beautification projects.
Dinner for a Dollar (Hamden) - October 15, 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Help Dinner for a Dollar host a community dinner for Hamden residents by signing up to serve meals!
Columbus House (New Haven) – October 15 & 16, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Assist Columbus House by painting one of their Recovery Housing sites for community members experiencing homelessness.
VIRTUAL: Cold Weather Supplies Kits - October 19, 10:00am-12:00pm (Drop Off)
- Create cold weather kits for families experiencing homelessness. Sign up to view the list of items and start collecting!