NEW HAVEN EXPANSION & ENHANCEMENT GRANTS FOR EARLY CARE & EDUCATION
Through American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds provided by the City of New Haven, United Way of Greater New Haven is offering grants to help early care and education programs provide high-quality care for more children and families in our community.
Initial grants will be directed to child care programs with specific ideas for program enhancement and/or quality improvement. Possible areas for funding include but are not limited to:
- Materials – supplies/upgrades to indoors and outdoor materials
- Equipment/Furniture – new or upgraded indoors and outdoor furniture & equipment
- Family engagement and/or parent education activities
- Health and safety upgrades and/or licensing compliance
- Outreach/marketing to specific populations
- Staff recognition/appreciation
- Translation services
- Meal/Food service
Grant eligibility: Licensed family child care homes in New Haven, Licensed group child care homes in New Haven, Licensed child care centers in New Haven
Grant Application Available:
Monday, November 6th at 9:00 AM
Wednesday, December 6th at 4:00 PM
Note: The same application can be translated to other languages by choosing the preferred language on the application.
Early January 2024
Click here for the recording of the Virtual Info Session (11/8).
Click here for the presentation slides from the Virtual Info Session (11/8).
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by Federal Award Identification Number SLFRP3212 awarded to the City of New Haven by the U.S. Department of Treasury.