United Way of Greater New Haven fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our region. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience.
Who We Are Looking For
Are you passionate about using your organizational talents as a force for good in our community? Are you the type of person who has an attention to detail and can support a team to reach their goals such as ending homelessness in greater New Haven?
United Way is seeking a CAN Coordinator that is passionate and organized to serve as the glue the that keeps our other CAN staff and community partners operating at their highest potential to end homelessness in our region. This person will provide critical administrative and data management support to the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network system, to ensure that progress is continually made towards meeting system goals.
What You Will Do
Provide support to monitor system performance and drive improvement. If that statement gets you excited, keep reading. If not, this may not be for you. This position will compile, monitor and report on data and trends for the CAN, including monitoring data quality. This person will also provide technical support to our Entry and Exit Managers to maintain accurate lists for households seeking housing support. The right candidate will be comfortable with viewing and analyzing data in order to provide suggestions for improvement.
Support collaborative activities for the CAN. Coordination and collaboration are key ingredients to the CAN and ending homelessness. As part of the United Way team, the CAN Coordinator will assist in setting up committee meetings, work with co-chairs to develop, circulate and distribute meeting materials. This position will also ensure transparency of the CAN by maintaining and updating CAN policies and procedures and other CAN documents.
You will work as part of a team. You will work closely with every department at United Way. You will report to the CAN Exit Manager and meet regularly with the entire CAN team. You’ll collaborate with our marketing team to tell the story of United Way to ensure that our community understands the work and impact of ending homelessness in our community. You will also maintain good working relationships with community, nonprofit and business leaders in the community. And of course, there will be other duties as assigned.
What You Need
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and analyze data in Excel is required.
- Experience working with various types of databases and content management systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of CT HMIS is preferred.
- Ability to develop visual presentations of data/metrics is preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is required.
- Strong communication skills, including basic business writing skills and positive phone personality with active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently, adjusting to changing priorities is required.
- Ability to work with groups and balance multiple points of view is required.
- Ability to take initiative and implement projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience.
- Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment.
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to relate to people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to be diplomatic when working with staff from other agencies and clients in crisis.
- Knowledge of the challenges and barriers that homeless people face is preferred.
- Local and statewide travel is required; Out of state travel as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least one year of similar experience; equivalent life experience may be substituted for education.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, telling us about why we should bring you in for an interview to [email protected]
No phone calls, please, but we encourage you to explore uwgnh.org to learn more about what we do. The position will remain open until filled.