United Way of Greater New Haven fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our region. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
February 12, 2018
Coordinated Access Network Housing Coordinator
United Way of Greater New Haven (UWGNH) brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Income, and Health. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We are seeking a full-time person to support the mission of the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network Task Force members, public and private partners, and United Way team to develop, implement, and measure homeless services that end veteran and chronic homelessness for individuals, youth, families and all other populations.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in working with housing resources, homelessness services, and passionate about helping people in need.
Reporting Structure: Reports to Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and improve the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network housing and exit systems though the referral process, relationship building, consistent communication, meeting facilitation, data coordination/reporting, coaching and training.
- Support the Greater New Haven Coordinated Access Network entry systems through 211 scheduled CAN assessments and coordination meetings.
- Generate and respond to frequent phone and email communications timely.
- Work with the Communications Team to develop a timeline and process for Coordinated Access Network story development.
- Be present and visible in the community and with partners (donors, volunteers) representing UWGNH at a wide range of community events and campaigns.
- Collaborate effectively within the organization, working cross-functionally with all departments.
- Establish effective and efficient processes that align priorities with greater organization goals, strategy, and mission.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required.
- 2-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience with group facilitation, coaching and training.
- Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to inspire a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges/barriers homeless people face.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong commitment to maintaining integrity and confidentiality of client information.
- Result-oriented, problem solver, willing to learn, and able to manage an aggressive workload.
- Local and Statewide travel is required; candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be:
- Personally committed to advancing UWGNH’s values, mission, goals and programs.
- Personally committed to helping change the lives of others.
- A proactive and strategic thinker with the ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
- A flexible, reliable, creative, outgoing and energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
- A superior communicator who shares information readily and concisely, and listens as well as gives advice.
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with a sense of humor in order to maintain balance and perspective.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected] No phone calls, please.
All applications are treated confidentially. The position will remain open until filled.
**United Way of Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employee. **