United Way of Greater New Haven fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our region. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone.
We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience.
Who We Are Looking For
Are you someone who wants to use your accounting experience to improve lives in your community? Do you enjoy interacting with colleagues from all departments and being an integral part of making an organization work? Do you find joy in working with numbers, and find satisfaction in accuracy and timeliness? This might be the position for you!
We are looking for two Accounting Specialists to join our Finance Team. The Accounting Specialists will be responsible for payables, receivables, posting in database systems and general ledger, accounts reconciliation, reporting and other accounting functions. The successful candidates must have strong analytical skills, be detailed oriented and thrive when multi-tasking in a fast-paced office environment. These are full-time positions (40 hrs/week) reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Perform timely and accurate recording of pledges and receipts into our database and accounting systems.
- Process payment and checks through our accounting system, coordinate with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all transactions.
- Assist in daily, monthly and annual activities including generating financial reports, developing budgets, assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Some accounting education, associates preferred.
- 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience specializing in A/R and/or A/P preferred.
- Intermediate/advanced skills in MS Excel (knows vlookup, pivot table, data analysis, etc.) and good skills in using accounting software, preferably MIP-Abila.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems.
- A team player who collaborates across the organization.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of UWGNH.
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with the following subject line: Application for Accounting Specialist.
Position open until filled.